What’s new in Varnish 4.1¶
This section describes the changes that have been made for Varnish 4.1.
The first subsection describes overarching changes that have gone into Varnish 4.0, while the second subsection describes changes you need to make to your current configuration if you come from Varnish 3.x.
The text also considers changes in behaviour that you need to be aware of and take into consideration when upgrading.
- Changes in Varnish 4.1
- Proactive security features
- Warm and cold VCL configurations
- PROXY protocol support
- VMOD backends
- Backend connection timeout
- Protocol support
- More modules available
- Passing data between ESI requests
- Other noteworthy small changes
- Upgrading to Varnish 4.1
- Upgrading to Varnish 4.0