Is anyone using ESI with a lot of traffic?

Cloude Porteus cloude at instructables.com
Fri Feb 27 22:06:54 CET 2009

We're going to start implementing some ESI tests within Varnish. I'm
curious what the performance hit is going to be. I would imagine we'll
have 6-10 ESI statements in our pages.

Also, is there anyone who could consult for a couple of hours to make
sure our setup is properly tuned correctly? I have used the
recommendations on the Varnish Performance page, but that's not the
same as having some hands on experience. I spent quite a bit of time
getting the squids we have running now and I want to make sure I give
Varnish a fair crack at replacing them. We're also very excited about
ESI, but also cautious.

Thanks for any help/information.

Best,
Cloude