configuration references piling up.

pfreeman at entrepreneur.com pfreeman at entrepreneur.com
Mon Nov 22 23:49:12 CET 2010

It seems that we have references to the configuration which are piling up ... where they are normally less than 80 but sometimes go high for a short period, since Friday, the reference count (as displayed by "varnishadm vcl.list") has continued to grow into the tens of thousands (if left alone).  The count goes to normal on a child stop/start, but grows rapidly.  We made some vcl changes, which we rolled back to no effect.  varnishlog produces so much output, I was wondering if anyone has a tip on how to begin troubleshooting this problem? (perhaps which tags to filter from varnishlog and what to look for?).

Thanks,

Patrick Freeman