Backend connection failure

Stefan Pommerening pom at dmsp.de
Fri May 27 12:36:53 CEST 2011

Am 27.05.2011 09:20, schrieb Tollef Fog Heen:
> ]] Stefan Pommerening
>
> | The only interesting message (grepping for 'fail' and 'error') I got
> | is the following:
> |   456 Debug        c "Write error, retval = 39424, len = 140216, errno
> | = Connection reset by peer"
> |
> | Does anyone has an idea what the issue could be? Might this be solved
> | by changing some varnish parameters? If yes, which ones?
>
> This looks like the client closing the connection on us which shouldn't
> be a connection failure.

Hi Tollef,
my main problem is that I don't know what is the reason for the
'backend_fail' counter being increased every now and then. Therefore I
dumped the varnishlog -d (meanwhile also varnishncsa -d) directly after
the counter has been increased by the varnish server.
Any idea in which direction I should continue searching? How to analyze
the issue or what to search for?

Stefan

( Updated version of my used varnishhunt.pl script: http://bit.ly/iTqfdC )
--

*Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Pommerening
Informatik-Büro: IT-Dienste & Projekte, Consulting & Coaching*