Your own local Varnish Cache 3.0 release party?

Rubén Romero ruben at varnish-software.com
Sun May 29 04:23:51 CEST 2011

Hello,

2011/5/25 Rubén Romero <ruben at varnish-software.com>:
> Hello again,
>
> 2011/5/20 Rubén Romero <ruben at varnish-software.com>:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As planning of the launch of Varnish 3.0 is on I thought I would ask
>> you all in the list, and at the same sneak the thought in your mind,
>> if it is an idea to hold your own <3 (Varnish 3 heart ;) release
>> party/gathering in the middle of June.
>
> It seems that there is a lot of interest on runing these parties :) I
> have added a couple of pages in the wiki:
> * Current Party Overview:
> http://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Varnish3_Release_Parties
> * Organizing a release party guide:
> http://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Running_Release_Party
>
> Feel free to add suggestions or your own party to these pages. You can
> also post here them to this thread and I will keep on adding them to
> the overview/guide as they tick in! :)

A quick update:
* Updated party overview (7):
http://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Varnish3_Release_Parties
* Map with all <3 parties:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=208289899159557573833.0004a45e28026a1198533&ll=22.268764,4.921875&spn=132.376875,304.101563&z=2

Want to see your own city in the map? It is not too late! To make your
own party just do it :-) It is not more difficult than meeting in a
bar/coffee shop/company/home and cheer for the release with other
Varnish Cache users. Just drop me a line and we'll make it happen :-)

> What do you think about using a GoogleDocs form and document for
> coordination and registration parallel to the wiki pages?

In order to have an idea of who is coming where I got the suggestion
of making a webform that you can use to tell others about your
assistance to the scheduled parties. What do you think? I can esily do
it if you agree (and will use it). Please let me know.

Also I have been asked to share the files in order to make your own <3
t-shirts. We will be uploading these to the varnish-cache.org website
the coming week.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Cheers,
--