Varnish 2.1.0 released

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Wed Mar 24 12:56:53 CET 2010

We have just released Varnish 2.1.0 – our best release so far. There are
lots of changes, mostly bugfixes and performance improvements, the most
notable ones being:

* Experimental support for persistent cache
* The regular expression engine is now PCRE
* Saint mode, where we try to grace an object.
* A more scalable hashing method called critbit
* Increased scalability, removing a limitation of maximum 64k connections
* obj_workspace is removed, this is now scaled automatically
* Hashing and client IP based directors

This is just a short summary of all the changes, please see the
changelog for a fuller list.

--
Tollef Fog Heen, on behalf of the Varnish team