Varnish 3.0: Please help test.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed May 18 22:19:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

It's me, your Varnish software developer, got a minute ?

Cool, I'll make it really brief:

As you may, or may not, have noticed, we have pushed out a Varnish
3.0 Beta1 release:

	http://www.varnish-cache.org/releases/varnish-cache-3.0-beta1

The major news are two features:

	GZIP/GUNZIP support, with or without ESI.

	Streaming PASS and FETCH support.

I have also added, undoubtedly, some bugs, and this is where you
come into the picture:

My website gets 75 hits an hour, but I am pretty sure you have a
website that takes more traffic than that, why else would you be
on the Varnish announce mailing list ?

So if you could find a couple of hours to test out Varnish 3.0 and
report back to me how it goes, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Poul-Henning