Varnish Cache 7.0.0 released

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Sep 15 11:30:30 UTC 2021

Hi everybody,

We just released version 7.0.0 of Varnish Cache:

	http://varnish-cache.org/releases/rel7.0.0.html

This is dot-zero because there are some pretty drastic changes
under the water-line, but almost all users will see little or
no difference.

Here is a list of the most important changes:

	https://varnish-cache.org/docs/7.0/whats-new/changes-7.0.html

7.x will not become a long-time support branch, but as my friend
Peter Wemm used to say:  People have to be crazy to run anything
ending in dot-zero in production, but we really appreciate it when
they do.

Thanks to Dridi for running the release process almost alone,

Thanks to the rest of the team for keeping at it.

And thanks to the Varnish Moral License holders for keeping
my economy afloat.

Next main-line release will be 2021-09-15.

Take care!

Poul-Henning