[Varnish] #179: varnishd segfault on non-ascii headers

Varnish varnish-bugs at projects.linpro.no
Tue Jan 15 17:05:47 CET 2008

#179: varnishd segfault on non-ascii headers
 Reporter:  denis at zeno.org  |        Owner:  phk  
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  new  
 Priority:  normal          |    Milestone:       
Component:  varnishd        |      Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Resolution:       
 Keywords:                  |  
Changes (by madssj):

  * summary:  varnish splits up http when there are non ASCII characters in
              it (german umlaut in this case) => varnishd
              segfault on non-ascii headers


 I've just tested this on r2344, and it has not been fixed. The backend
 dies when a non ascii status header is sent.

 I've tested with this response:

 Location: http://other.server.tld/path/to/dir/

 Which crashes the backend every time.

 The status code is irelevant.

Ticket URL: <http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/179#comment:2>
Varnish <http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/>
The Varnish HTTP Accelerator

More information about the varnish-bugs mailing list