[4.1] 06c0fb6 Comment cleanup
lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Thu Feb 11 17:14:33 CET 2016
Author: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed Feb 10 23:53:35 2016 +0000
diff --git a/bin/varnishd/cache/cache_session.c b/bin/varnishd/cache/cache_session.c
index bd1ba9a..b5be7ea 100644
@@ -28,13 +28,9 @@
* Session management
- * This is a little bit of a mixed bag, containing both memory management
- * and various state-change functions.
- * The overall picture is complicated by the fact that requests can
- * disembark their worker-threads if they hit a busy object, then come
- * back later in a different worker thread to continue.
- * XXX: I wonder if that complexity pays of any more ?
+ * The overall goal here is to hold as little state as possible for an
+ * idle session. This leads to various nasty-ish overloads of struct
+ * sess fields, for instance ->fd being negative ->reason.
More information about the varnish-commit