[master] 0e0c923 cut this short now that the prosa is in whats-new/changes-5.0.rst
nils.goroll at uplex.de
Wed Sep 14 12:20:15 CEST 2016
Author: Nils Goroll <nils.goroll at uplex.de>
Date: Wed Sep 14 12:19:19 2016 +0200
cut this short now that the prosa is in whats-new/changes-5.0.rst
diff --git a/doc/changes.rst b/doc/changes.rst
index 38cfe49..ba2d902 100644
@@ -15,15 +15,7 @@ Major items:
* Always send the request body to the backend, making possible to cache
POST, PUT, PATCH etc.
-* hit-for-pass is now actually hit-for-miss: Objects cached as
- uncacheable now trigger misses rather than hits, so when a cacheable
- object becomes available, it will be cached even before the ttl of
- the uncacheable object expires. As a particular implication of this,
- conditional request headers (If-Modified-Since, If-None-Match) are
- now being removed for hits on uncacheable objects.
- Documentation, counters and log entries still refer to the mechanism
- as hit-for-pass and Hitpass, respectively.
+* hit-for-pass is now actually hit-for-miss.
* new shard director for loadbalancing by consistent hashing
@@ -34,13 +26,9 @@ Major items:
News for Vmod Authors
-* vcl cli events (init/fini methods) now have a workspace and
+* workspace and PRIV_TASK for vcl cli events (init/fini methods)
-* PRIV_* now also work for object methods with unchanged scope. In
- particular, they are per vmod and `not` per object - e.g. the same
- PRIV_TASK gets passed to object methods as to functions during a VCL
+* PRIV_* now also work for object methods with unchanged scope.
More information about the varnish-commit