[6.0] 910541954 More 'vtest' vs. 'varnishtest' agnosticism.
dridi.boukelmoune at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:08:23 UTC 2018
Author: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue Sep 25 10:05:07 2018 +0000
More 'vtest' vs. 'varnishtest' agnosticism.
diff --git a/bin/varnishtest/huffman_gen.py b/bin/varnishtest/huffman_gen.py
index b89bbb43e..ab6b30e87 100755
@@ -58,7 +58,7 @@ s = sym(63, 6, 0)
tbls[0xffffff] = s
print('''/* NB: This file is machine generated, DO NOT EDIT!
- * edit bin/varnishtest/huffman_input instead
+ * edit 'huffman_input' instead
diff --git a/bin/varnishtest/vtc_http.c b/bin/varnishtest/vtc_http.c
index 952563b9f..6c4fcc8da 100644
@@ -76,9 +76,9 @@ extern const struct cmds http_cmds;
* Be careful though, servers will by default listen to the 127.0.0.1 IP and
* will pick a random port, and publish 3 macros: sNAME_addr, sNAME_port and
- * sNAME_sock, but only once they are started. For varnishtest to
- * create the vcl with the correct values, the server must be started when you
- * use -vcl+backend.
+ * sNAME_sock, but only once they are started.
+ * For 'varnish -vcl+backend' to create the vcl with the correct values, the
+ * server must be started first.
* SECTION: client-server.args Arguments
@@ -1452,7 +1452,7 @@ cmd_http_chunked(CMD_ARGS)
/* SECTION: client-server.spec.chunkedlen
* chunkedlen NUMBER
- * Do as ``chunked`` except that varnishtest will generate the string
+ * Do as ``chunked`` except that the string will be generated
* for you, with a length of NUMBER characters.
diff --git a/bin/varnishtest/vtc_main.c b/bin/varnishtest/vtc_main.c
index a06f6f08e..4e5cf6b2b 100644
@@ -597,7 +597,9 @@ main(int argc, char * const *argv)
params_vsb = VSB_new_auto();
- p = getenv("VARNISHTEST_DURATION");
+ p = getenv("VTEST_DURATION");
+ if (p == NULL)
+ p = getenv("VARNISHTEST_DURATION");
if (p != NULL)
vtc_maxdur = atoi(p);
diff --git a/bin/varnishtest/vtc_misc.c b/bin/varnishtest/vtc_misc.c
index 650b659e7..f04003da7 100644
@@ -112,8 +112,8 @@ cmd_varnishtest(CMD_ARGS)
* By default a zero exit code is expected, otherwise the vtc will fail.
- * Notice that the commandstring is prefixed with "exec 2>&1;" to join
- * stderr and stdout back to the varnishtest process.
+ * Notice that the commandstring is prefixed with "exec 2>&1;" to combine
+ * stderr and stdout back to the test process.
* Optional arguments:
@@ -352,9 +352,9 @@ cmd_delay(CMD_ARGS)
* DNS lookups are working
- * varnishtest has been started with '-i'
+ * The test has been started with '-i'
- * varnishtest has been invoked by the root user
+ * The test has been invoked by the root user
* The varnish user is present
diff --git a/bin/varnishtest/vtc_process.c b/bin/varnishtest/vtc_process.c
index be943cfaf..10d545b38 100644
@@ -856,7 +856,7 @@ process_close(struct process *p)
* Shorthand for -start -wait.
* In most cases, if you just want to start a process and wait for it
- * to finish, you can use the varnishtest ``shell`` command instead.
+ * to finish, you can use the ``shell`` command instead.
* The following commands are equivalent::
* shell "do --something"
More information about the varnish-commit