Linux patches

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Apr 4 12:43:15 CEST 2006

In message <ujr1wwdirbj.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:
>"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
>> Right now I'm focusing on "getting a hole through", then once we get
>> there I expect a major "now that we know how it will work" cleanup
>> that would also aim for better portability.
>
>That's fine, but there's one thing I'm not too happy about: you
>reimplemented the logging code in a non-portable manner instead of
>using the existing, portable implementation I had written.

It's not lack of appreciation as much as rund hole and square peg
that made be jump the fence on that one for now.

Please for now consider this a prototype for validating our design,
and do not get too disturbed by stylistic stuff.  There are a lot
of decisions that I need to take based on experiments (for instance:
is it too expensive to recognize all HTTP headers up front compared
to identifying them only as/if we need them ?)

Once these things settle out, pretty much all the code will need
a serious polishing and portabilization.