cli.c

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Aug 6 19:29:41 CEST 2006

In message <ujroduxeq0a.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:

>Is it really appropriate to have cli.c in libvarnish when it depends
>on functions which are defined only in varnishd?  Perhaps it should be
>included in varnishd, or perhaps all the cli code (from libvarnish and
>varnishd) should be moved into a separate libvarnishcli?

cli.c is meant as the "CLI engine".  It relies on the caller to
provide a command list and two functions: the "output" and the
"result" function.

The original intention was to reuse this also in the cluster
controller and any other place where we deal with the CLI.

If anything it might be more appropriate to move stuff from varnishd
to libvarnish, things like the functions in common_cli.[ch] are
primary candidates.