r778 - in trunk/varnish-cache: bin/varnishd include lib/libvcl

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Aug 9 13:57:52 CEST 2006

In message <12444.1155123911 at critter.freebsd.dk>, "Poul-Henning Kamp" writes:
>In message <ujrirl25efu.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= writes:

>> - define HTTP_HDR_HOST and the corresponding req.host variable to be
>>   used instead of req.http.host.
>
>Uhm, please don't.  HOST is not a field in the HTTP protocol, it is
>a header and should be treated as such.

I realized I should explain this more fully.

Part of the HTTP standard is that the Connection: header lists
headers which should be supressed before forwarning, so it is
possible to do things like:

	Connection: Host

While it may not make sense, it is legal.  If you introduce HTTP_HDR_HOST
we will have to special case it in that code, and I'd rather avoid that.