Something fishy

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Thu Aug 10 21:08:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have been noticing a weird behavior the last couple of days (I first
noticed this about a week ago). I have been hoping to find the error, but
it has been so random.

When I sometimes start up IE I get an old frontpage of VG Nett.

With old I mean the last frontpage I had up in my IE. If that was 1 day
ago, I get a 1 day old frontpage.
I am not sure it's Varnish that does this, but I can't see any obvious
errors or changes on any of the Squid's either. Today I got an email from
work that I am not the only one noticing this.
I find the whole thing weird, and I can't see no other reason than my IE
sends a IMS request and gets an answer that nothing is changed, or
something to that effect.

A quick study of HEAD's I have done shows only small differences from
Squid and Varnish:

(andersb) fw:andersb $ HEAD http://www.vg.no
200 OK
Cache-Control: max-age=900