GbE equipment

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Fri Aug 11 12:45:35 CEST 2006

> Hi,
>
> I am receiving the GbE equipment on friday most probably.
> It should be a quick job to install it when it's here. So I look forward
> to test Varnish with full traffic next week :)
>
> For maximum traffic, we need to serve www.vg.no and flash.vg.no (flash
> files mostly) at the same time. If we do that, traffic in the 400-500Mbit
> range should be normal on daytime.

We have planned to install the GbE equip today, but we are not sure if and
when we are gonna do it (we have to wait for some other equipment to
arrive first).

When/If we install GbE, we have to take down c21, so don't be surprised if
we suddenly boot it down. I guess ppl are not working directly on it, so
that should be no problem

Anders Berg