If-Modified-Since

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Tue Aug 15 11:01:59 CEST 2006

"Anders Berg" <andersb at vgnett.no> writes:
> I guess this is an example of the "old-page" problem?

Yes.

> If it is, we now know that it can be triggered with:
>
> Last page served by Varnish, new page served by Varnish.

We now know that it is a result of Varnish sending an incorrect 304
reply to a conditional request from a client that has been idle for a
long time (or a client which is using an old cache from a previous
instance), so we need to look closer at the circumstances surrounding
a call to res_do_304().  Unfortunately, I'm too busy to investigate
any further today, so it will have to wait a little longer.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer