SV: Logging

Anders Berg Anders.Berg at vg.no
Mon Jul 10 17:47:46 CEST 2006

The only reason would be to hold network traffic down, but we are probably talking a hell of a lot of traffic before we staurate any kind of modern line. But if the traffis is on the same network where Varnish delivers this could be a problem for some. We could also assume a dedicated network for admin and logging, but that might not always be the case/feasable, _then_ it has a point.

VG Netts blades have 2 NIC's on each blade when they are half height. Take into account that we are aiming for network redundancy on our rigg, we might have to hack some to get a failover solution working correctly.

So there is a point to it, in the future, but maybe not V 1.0.

Anders Berg