Website material (New thread)

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Mon Jul 24 10:15:33 CEST 2006

> des at linpro.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) writes:
>
>> I don't like web forums; I find them an extremely inefficient form
>> of communication.  I don't mind having them...  as long as nobody
>> expects me to participate in them.
>
> phpBB, while a larger can of worms than punbb, features usenet
> integration.
>
> Example for no.fritid.slektsforskning.it at a genealogy site:
> http://www.disnorge.no/slektsforum/viewforum.php?f=2110

phpBB is such a larger can of worms that I would hesitate to use it. phpBB
has been defaced time after time, so much that it must have been designed
wrong.

I found this little add-on for punBB.

http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=169

Maybe that could do the trick if we go for solution #1. I would rather go
for solution #2, find moderators. But that will take some time to sort
out.

Anders Berg