Storage configuration/Varnish configuration language

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Wed Mar 8 01:43:19 CET 2006

> In message <1231.193.213.34.102.1141725469.squirrel at denise.vg.no>, "Anders
> Berg
> " writes:
>

>>Fixed. One thing that eluded me so far is how we are gonna configure the
>>storage backend(s).
>>
>>Or is this gonna be implemented from the commandline tool and part of the
>>managment protocol?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Storage will be defined with command line args or if that gets too
> unweildy, with a traditional config file for the management process.

Okay, I can see how that might turn out unweildy. Either way, a Varnish
configuration must exist on every node anyway, if not for any other
purpose than to know the IP address of the managment node.

The reason I asked was to see if we might need storage commands in the
Varnish Configuration Language.

if (storage.freespace < 200MB){
   if (obj.size > 200MB){
        no_cache