This VCL compiler thing...

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Fri Mar 10 12:38:43 CET 2006

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> Finally I have decided to enforce proper types and units throughout,
> so if you compare a time variable, you must specify the units:
>
> 	if (obj.ttl < 10m)

Excellent.  I thought about this, but forgot to mention it.  It gives
us all the advantages of Hungarian notation without any of the
disadvantages (such as having to use Hungarian notation) :)

> The compiler so far is 900 lines of C-code and a 170 line tcl script
> to generate some C-code for keyword recognition.

I imagine the Tcl script will be replaced with lex/yacc at some point?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer