This VCL compiler thing...

Anders Berg andersb at vg.no
Mon Mar 13 11:05:29 CET 2006

It also accured to me that we could link the errors to the error documentation.

Unreferenced  function 'request_policy', first mention is
         Line 8 Pos 4
         sub request_policy {
         ----##############--
Read more about this type of error:
http://varnish/doc/error.html#Unreferenced%20function

         Unknown variable 'obj.bandwidth'
         At: Line 88 Pos 12
                 if (obj.bandwidth < 1 kb/h) {
         ------------#############------------
Read more about this type of error:
http://varnish/doc/error.html#Unknown%20variable

or something of the likes.
I think that is easy to implement and would help people that may be stuck.
Just throw in some links, so we will remember to document them later when
we see the errors.

Anders Berg

At 10:56 13.03.2006 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>In message <5.2.0.9.0.20060313104755.0339a8a8 at pop.vg.no>, Anders Berg writes:
> >They satisfy me.
> >
> >Line, Pos and errortype.
> >
> >If I am not mistaken getting more "humanreadable" error's is just a matter
> >of spending alot of time in the C code, without really changing the logic
> >of your parsercode and testing iteration after iteration? If that is the
> >case, I say move on :)
>
>Yes, the actual errors are just a matter of printf calls.
>
>--
>Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
>phk at FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
>FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
>Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Denne fotnoten bekrefter at denne e-postmeldingen ble
skannet av MailSweeper og funnet fri for virus.