libvarnish vs libvarnishapi

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Mar 14 09:14:13 CET 2006

I'm slightly confused here,

I thought libvarnishapi was the library that will expose API's for 3rd party
software (stuff like reading the shmem log etc) and libvarnish was the
library the varnish process(es) would get linked against (containing internal
stuff).

But I see in the tree now that varnish_debug.c varnish_log.c and
varnish_util.c lives in libvarnishapi not libvarnish ?

Who of us have a sign error here ?