The shared memory log

Anders Berg andersb at vgnett.no
Thu Mar 23 17:22:01 CET 2006

I agree to this approach (if I understand it right :)). You may still get
the same data, and the logclient can slap together the XML, if thats what
it wants to do, at its own cost. Actually it is easier to ignore the data
you don't want (no XML parsing). And its faster :) Perfect.
There was no reason to have XML in shared memory other than we could
attach a "cat" or "tail" tool, and get "sane" data. We/others can still do
that with small modifications to "cat" and "tail". So it was more of a
fun-feature than a must-have. Speed on the other had is key :)

Hope I understood this correctly. Hehe.

Anders Berg