Linux: rev 949 trunk is stable..not sure about others

xing at litespeedtech.com xing at litespeedtech.com
Tue Sep 12 19:52:22 CEST 2006

Have been running on varnish/trunk revision 949 for a few days now.
Other than a high cpu issue which is resolved by restarting varnish once
a day, varnish has been very good.

Just tested latest trunk build at 971 with bad result. Connections are
stalling.

Trying to backtrack in revision to see where it broke but I can't get
the in-between revision to compile cleanly.

from revision 957 to 970, builds on linux are broken in "make" stage:

rm -f ".deps/varnishd-cache_pool.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
cache_pool.c: In function `WRK_Sendfile':
cache_pool.c:105: error: storage size of 'sfh' isn't known
make[3]: *** [varnishd-cache_pool.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/varnish2/bin/varnishd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/varnish2/bin'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/varnish2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Rev 956 builds cleanly but results in the same connection stalling
problem. So the problem has been narrowed down quite a bit.

The changes somewhere between 949 and 956 are causing the connection
stalling problem. I only tested latest rev and backtracked to clean
build of 956. Didn't test 950-955. Will test those 5 revs later in the
night PST time.

Xing