Varnish configuration / (s)maxage

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Apr 4 11:49:38 CEST 2007

"Alan Runyan" <runyaga at gmail.com> writes:
> varnish is amazing!  I have a lot of feature requests *grin*.  But
> what is important that there is a large community, Zope/Plone that
> could benefit from this technology.  The community is already familiar
> with complex caching configurations and most large systems use Squid
> in production.  Moving to varnish is a no-brainer.  Especially once
> varnish reaches feature parity with squid.  Specifically vary support.

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope Poul-Henning will have time to look into your cache-control
issues.  As for Zope/Plone integration, we are planning to develop
some sort of "best practices" document offering advice for integrating
Varnish with various CMS frameworks.  If you wish to contribute your
experience, contact me off-list and I will set you up with wiki
access.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav