development efforts on the Solaris side.

Theo Schlossnagle theo at omniti.com
Mon Dec 31 22:26:16 CET 2007

Hi guys,

I'd really like to be able to contribute some of the improvements
we've made to varnish back.  Is there a way I can get access to
commit.  I'd be happy to stay in my own branch.  My current patch set
is unwieldy and I'm very tempted to just start my own repos... That,
of course, seems silly.  I've fixed up (removed) some of the gccism in
favor or more portability (#include over -include).  I've fixed a few
bugs, made the VCC line a but smarter and more accepting of non gcc
compiler, I've added a portfs acceptor and built a storage_umem
allocator facility that rides on Solaris' excellent libumem (highly
scalable allocator) which we also ported to run on Linux and FreeBSD
(and Mac OS X): https://labs.omniti.com/trac/portableumem

Next steps?

Best regards,

Theo