Error xxx Guru Meditation

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Thu Jul 19 17:27:18 CEST 2007

On jue, 2007-07-19 at 17:13 +0200, Andreas Røsdal wrote:

> Ideally, when all backend servers are down, varnish should show an old
> cached version of the requested resource if possible. It would mean that
> backend failures wouldn't be noticed by end users. Would this be
> possible, or planned ?

This would also be a good idea but I'd hate to see this be the
"default", because it can mask *serious* HTTP backend errors, misleading
administrators into believing the site is running OK.  At least, it
should never trigger if a "Pragma: no-cache" header is sent by the
client, so that the ones among us using Wget/munin/nagios to monitor our
sites can actually monitor them :-).

>   - Andreas
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	The R Zone - http://rudd-o.com/
	GPG key ID 0xC8D28B92 at http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Andrea - Time to pray
What good is an obscenity trial except to popularize literature?
		-- Nero Wolfe, "The League of Frightened Men"