quick LRU question

john allspaw jallspaw at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 01:02:28 CEST 2007

After taking a look at:

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/ArchitectureLRU

and seeing:
"
Obviously, if the cache/storage turnover is so high, that N becomes
a large fraction of it, this scheme breaks down.  Presumably you have other worries in that case."

I wonder:  will varnish be able to handle a cache that is constantly full and overflowing ?  We currently use squid for reverse-proxy caching for a working set of objects that is constantly growing, and for sure much larger than the caches will ever be. Efficient object eviction in this case is pretty important. :)

thanks!
john