Varnish crashing in production

Per Andreas Buer perbu at linpro.no
Fri May 11 09:59:17 CEST 2007

Barry Abrahamson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently testing Varnish as a reverse proxy to serve images.
> We are running into problems where the varnishd child (and sometimes
> parent), will die unexpectedly.

If you could supply
 * varnish version
 * OS version
 * how you invoke varnish (command line)
 * architecture
people might help you better.

>   ..
> I have tried using many different cache sizes -- currently it is set
> to 1GB which is less than the amount of RAM in the machine.  The
> restarts occur way before the cache is full.  Any help would be much
> appreciated.

Use should use a much bigger cache. The cache should never fill up - so
use 36-150GB is you can.

--
Per Andreas Buer / Linpro AS   t: 21 54 41 21 / m: 958 39 117
http://linpro.no/ - Ledende på Linux og åpen kildekode.