Binding to "any"

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Tue May 15 10:50:02 CEST 2007

Marcus Rueckert <darix at web.de> writes:
> On 2007-05-14 16:50:58 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > On Linux, the current behaviour is good enough - binding to either
> > INADDR_ANY or IN6ADDR_ANY will give you both.
> bind the ipv6 binds with IPV6_ONLY. than you get the same behavior as
> on *BSD. postfix does that e.g. you just need to detect the socket type.

OK, so the only practical difference is that IPV6_V6ONLY is the default
on Linux?  Don't know why I never thought of that.

This still means we need to modify the listening socket setup code to
handle multiple sockets resulting from a single specification, for
instance ":80" -> { 0.0.0.0:80, [::]:80 }.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer