Fresh patch for Solaris

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Mon Aug 11 17:11:03 CEST 2008

Next pass:

http://lethargy.org/~jesus/misc/varnish-solaris-trunk-3080-2.diff

On Aug 11, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> You still have the err.h compat stuff, that's not necessary any more,
> I removed the two uses of err().

Didn't catch that.  Fixed.

> Why is the tcp.c patch necessay ?

FIONBIO isn't available by default as it is a BSD thing.  You're
"supposed" to use fcntl on Solaris.  fcntl is slower and ioctl _will_
work, but the define of FIONBIO is in sys/filio.h.  You get it if you
turn on BSD compatibility when including ioctl.h, but we don't want
the other stuff that comes with that.  So far, that single line of
code is the only one requiring BSD_COMP on Solaris side, so I'm
hesitant to -DBSD_COMP the whole thing.

> You have not answered my questions about .so and sendfile ?

.o -> .so is not purely cosmetic.  There is an issue with the Sun
Studio toolchain that makes .o not work.
sendfile on Solaris should be safe.  When the call returns no bits
should be referenced at all.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Esoteric Curio -- http://lethargy.org/