Adjusting the parents watchdog timer

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Wed Feb 27 04:53:26 CET 2008

The embarrassing thing is these machines are doing 40req/sec not the
5000 that others reportedly handle. I've tried to strip out all the
non essential services running on these machines, leaving nothing
running by varnish, but there may be some periodic IO sapping cron job
that I have missed and is causing >>that<< much of a periodic load
that the watchdog timer fires.

I've reduced the watchdog to 5 seconds now, i'll see how that goes and
if it can give any hints.

Cheers

Dave