SSL support

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Mar 5 11:48:47 CET 2008

Louis Luo <lluo_2wire at yahoo.com> writes:
> BTW, some ticket mentioned that compression would be added to 2.0.
> How is it now?  I need this feature badly.  Do you guys have some
> early work that I can try?

That was a wishlist item, not a promised feature.  However, Varnish 2.0
supports Vary, so if can enable compression on your backend, it will
"just work" - but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the sample
configuration at the top of Apache's mod_deflate documentation, as it
will effectively make every compressable document uncacheable.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer