Logging and Statistics

Paul Millar p.millar at physics.gla.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 23:47:18 CEST 2009

Hi Raghavan,

On Thursday 09 April 2009 17:33:15 vijayaraghavan.subramaniam at wipro.com wrote:
> I'm using varnish server.  I want to write varnishncsa log information into
> database,  what is best practices & Is there any varnish API available to
> write into database?

At the risk of promoting my own project, have you looked at MonAMI?

	http://monami.sourceforge.net

There's a monitoring plugin for taking log information from varnish and a
reporting plugin for logging data into MySQL.

The tutorial culminates with logging monitoring data into a database (albeit
from a different monitoring plugin) and the userguide gives a detailed
information on how to configure MonAMI.

HTH,

Paul.