r4097 - trunk/varnish-cache/lib/libvarnish

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Aug 7 08:35:21 CEST 2009

]] Dag-Erling Smørgrav

| There is a better solution: the RCS ID of every source file is embedded
| in a string in the object, "just like FreeBSD does it".  This is a
| better solution not only because it does not break dependency tracking,
| but because it is more detailed, and covers more than just libvarnish.

Take a look at sys/conf/newvers.sh, particularly line 102 and onwards in
the FreeBSD source tree.  What I'm trying to do is something along the
lines of that bit.  If you have suggestions on improving how my
implementation works, I'm happy to hear those (or have patches applied).

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!