HSH_Lookup entered multiply - why could that happen?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Dec 9 20:56:12 CET 2009

In message <4B1FFA7D.3020505 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writes:
>Hi,

>what I get is this (URL removed to protect the innocent):
>
>    48 VCL_call     c recv lookup
>    48 VCL_call     c hash hash
>    48 Debug        c 24115201202978841 8d6278 on waiting list 8b72e0 <##URL##>

What happens here is that another client/thread holds this object
"busy" while it is being fetched from the backend.  Once the object
is marked unbusy, the waiting threads are relased, and calls hash
again.

I'm not quite sure you you keep hitting it so many times, it smells
like som weird situation where the object takes a long time to fetch,
has no cacheability, but does not get marked "pass" in vcl_fetch ?

Poul-Henning