scheduling off the waiting list

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Wed Dec 9 21:27:22 CET 2009

>> What I would really like to see is that the waitinglist gets rescheduled when
>> the busy object is actually becomes in the cache. I am suspecting this has to do
>> with calling HSH_Deref(&Parent) in HSH_Unbusy and/or the fact that HSH_Drop
>> calls both Unbusy and Deref, but I don't understand this yet.
>
> That is how it is supposed to work, and I belive, how it works.

Good. Then I am either messing up this behavior with my config, or I've hit a
corner case. I need to have a break now, but I will definitely get back to you
on this when I have gained new insights.

BTW, if you get to this, I would very much appreciate comments on
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/599 (WRK_Queue should prefer thread
pools with idle threads / improve thread pool loadbalancing) and on
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/598 (SIGSEGV due to null pointer
dereference in SES_Delete - VSL).

Thank you, Nils