scheduling off the waiting list

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Tue Dec 29 17:49:38 CET 2009

Hi Poul-Henning and all,

I have documented my understanding of this issue and a suggested fix in
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/610 . I hope this fix will implement
the intended behavior. I have done some basic tests, but the fix is pretty fresh
and I still need to verify it in production.

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote (on December 9th):
 >> What I would really like to see is that the waitinglist gets rescheduled when
 >> the busy object is actually becomes in the cache. I am suspecting this has to
 >> do with calling HSH_Deref(&Parent) in HSH_Unbusy and/or the fact that
 >> HSH_Drop calls both Unbusy and Deref, but I don't understand this yet.
 >
 > That is how it is supposed to work [...]

Again, thank you very much for your fantastic work and this great product.

Nils