bug in esi:include handling (with patch)

Bob MacCallum r.maccallum at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 14:19:00 CET 2009

Oh, well, at least great minds think alike.

Are includes like this supposed to work:

<esi:include src="http://some.other.site/stuff" />

?

I can't get that to work (although the source code suggests that it should).
If I set a backend to some.other.site upon seeing "^/stuff" in vcl_recv then
<esi:include src="/stuff" />
seems to work OK.

cheers,
Bob.

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
 > In message <19203.52561.488165.347385 at bio-iisrv1.bio.ic.ac.uk>, Bob MacCallum w
 > rites:
 >
 > >I found an off-by-one bug in esi_handle_include() - ESI requests were being
 > >made for URLs with one extra character that was left over from the previous
 > >request.
 >
 > He, I beat you by a day, I fixed that in r4351 :-)
 >
 > >If you'd like me to add the ticket, please send the Trac login info off list.
 >
 > You can create your own trac-login.
 >
 > --

Bob MacCallum | VectorBase Developer | Kafatos/Christophides Groups |
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology | Imperial College London |
Phone +442075941945 | Email r.maccallum at imperial.ac.uk