r4480 - trunk/varnish-cache/bin/varnishncsa

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Feb 1 19:50:47 CET 2010

In message <D38199BA-78A0-4C7A-A26A-A24D070B63A6 at develooper.com>, =?iso-8859-1?
Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= writes:

>On Feb 1, 2010, at 1:35, Anders Nordby wrote:
>
>> I must object to this change, as I use varnishncsa -b extensively to
>> pull out reports on missed objects being fetch from the backends too
>> often. Please revert this change, as varnishncsa -b has its use.
>
>I don't know why it was removed or if there's a good alternative,
>but I've found the -b option very useful, too.

Well, the code to implement it full was never there, and people were
reporting core dumps because of it, so we figured we would make the
non-support for -b explicit, until the code could be written.

There are no objections to supporting it, it's just code to be
written by somebody... (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...)

Poul-Henning