Varnish Storage API

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:14:36 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I am trying to extend Varnish to fill its cache using an alternative mechanism.

In particular, we would like to receive content via multicast and stuff the
data into the Varnish cache. When users access the content, it will be served
directly from the cache. (Note: I intend to implement the multicast part in a
separate process and then send the data to Varnish via a simple Unix socket.)

I have skimmed the code base a to determine the API to use to insert data into
the cache but could not find it. I have also tried gdb and failed. Could anyone
give me some pointers where to start?

Regards,
Stephan
--