Purge while taking hostname into account

Eran Sandler eran at sandler.co.il
Wed Mar 10 12:42:30 CET 2010

Hello all,

I have a purging question.

I know that when Varnish caches data it takes the Host header into account
so the same file request under different host name should have different
cache entries.
When I want to have a certain URL removed, I can use the method described in
the examples on the wiki to invalidate that specific URL by setting the ttl
to 0.

I am, however, interested in a wildcard purging that won't affect other
caches under different host names.
the purge method seems to accept only a URL.

Is there a way of doing a wildcard purge that will take the Host header into
account?

Thanks,
Eran