Proposal/specs for backend conditional requests / aka "GET If-Modified-Since" (GET IMS))

Artur Bergman sky at crucially.net
Mon Sep 27 21:27:14 CEST 2010

For persistant storage, just ignore the TTL and throw away the segment
with the oldest object, refreshed or not.

I am of the opinion that if a method exists to verify the object, LM
or Etag,  we shouldn't ever expire it. The ttl is just a setting for
when we should refresh it. Of course, standard LRU should still apply.

I am also less worried about the reader/writer scenario for the
headers, since by spec you shouldnt' update any headers that aren't
Expires/Cache-Control (and weirdly enough, Vary)

Artur