#900 - suggested fix

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 19:06:49 CEST 2011

On 15 April 2011 09:39, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at varnish-software.com> wrote:>
> Hi,  I've attached my suggested fix for #900.  As a side effect, it
> allows you to embed binary data in arbitrary strings, so you can serve
> PNG or GIF images from vcl_error.
>
> Comments very welcome, both on the approach and what we should allow.

Allowing binary data in vcl strings (I'm assuming \0 is what's missing
here currently) sounds really useful in conjunction with the new
vmod_digest module - I'm interested in being able to extract and
validate signed authentication cookies in my VCL and the more of the
string manipulation that can be done in VCL rather than C code, the
easier that will be.

Laurence