Review for patch to add custom field ordering to varnishstat

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 22 08:50:02 CET 2011

In message <AANLkTinqzaxBGxxVjoG16ErPsvaykW7oRzqBc3br749+ at mail.gmail.com>, Mart
in Blix Grydeland writes:

>Attached is a patch to add custom field ordering to varnishstat. This way
>you can select (like before) individual fields to be shown using the -f
>switch, but fields will with patch also be displayed in the order you
>specify.
>
>Any comments are appreciated.

I think I would prefer if we could do this in libvarnishapi instead
of in varnishstat, it seems generally useful at libvarnishapi level
to me.

How does (should/will) this work with dynamic stats counters ?

+struct stat stat;

Naming a struct "stat" is often asking for more trouble than it is
worth.  "struct stat" is what stat(2) and fstat(2) returns and because
of various levels of compatibility junk (32/64 bit typically) it can
be seriously magicked by compilers.