obj.cacheable discontinuity and lifetime sw policy

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jan 30 19:10:05 CET 2011

In message <AANLkTinExbPTHr5ijbxBOErM_mggxoypLV3CMTdWUgiH at mail.gmail.com>, Amed
eo Salvati writes:

>Question is: how long statement, object... are supported through minor
>version release(e.g. 2.1.x) or major version 2, 3, 4? Or they can
>change at any time on every minor version?

We try to keep the VCL stable in minor versions, so that a VCL that
works with N.m, also works for any N.m+1, N.m+2, ...

That allows us to add features, but not to remove them.

When we do massive changes, we will change the major version,
and the change you just spotted, is part of the 3.x set of changes.