Varnish 3.0 NCSA log format missing object age

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Fri Jun 3 15:37:42 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade my production host to Varnish 3.0 beta 1, and
came across a missing format option in varnishncsa: the object age
doesn't seem to be implemented.

Also, an unrecognized format option like the afore-mentioned %{Age}i
will cause varnishncsa to stop at the first log line processed with
the following error in varnishncsa's stderr:

    Unknown format character: {

And last but not least, the following formats do not appear to be
documented: %{Varnish:time_firstbyte}x, %{Varnish:hitmiss}x,
%{Varnish:handling}x.  These are certainly very interesting facts to
monitor, but I'd like to have a formal definition for them.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good job.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot