Workspace overflow on ia32

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Thu Mar 10 08:09:36 CET 2011

]] Dmitry Panov

| Oops, my bad, I didn't realise the unpatched trunk installed itself in
| a different directory, so I was in fact running a patched
| version. However after I fixed this, I could still reproduce the
| problem. Here is the updated stack trace:

I fixed this on Tuesday with:

commit 5f8041ac0745ba30e9190a69ec7b5d8ac2d4c1ec
Author: Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at varnish-software.com>
Date:   Tue Mar 8 13:06:01 2011 +0100

    Reduce http_resp_size to 8k on 32 bit

    http_resp_size is allocated on the thread_pool_workspace.  This means
    we will hit assert errors if http_resp_size is larger than the
    thread_pool_workspace.  8k should be enough in most cases, from a
    light sample of web sites in the wild.

Please try that and verify it fixes the problem for you.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software